martes, 23 de octubre de 2012

Alexis Wright Zumba Sex Scandal: Exclusive Interview With Rapper Cam Groves - iDigitalTimes.com

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the sex scandal going on in Maine, Alexis Wright, former Zumba instructor from Kennebuck, has been accused of running an underground sex ring in her Zumba studio.

Many people in southern Maine have been shocked by the news, and many local people have been very negative about the entire scandal. Cam Groves, a rapper from Maine, decided to take a different route, and turn the developing scandal into a rap song, called "I Wish I Knew."

The video has gotten over 35,000 hits on Youtube in less than a week, and getting air play from local radio stations, who are no doubt consumed by the scandal.

Like Us on Facebook

Cam Groves discussed his viral hit, and his thoughts on the Alexis Wright Zumba sex scandal.

Initially, Groves said that the video was just a joke. ""It was more or less an inside a joke between my friends. Comedy is something I use a lot in my music and, while some of my music is a lot more serious, I wanted this to be kind of a parody of the entire situation that's been going on."

When the song came out initially, Groves was worried that listeners and viewers would think that think he was serious. ""I didn't expect anything...people are going to think this is really sappy and serious even though I'm completely joking. I tried to make the visuals really sappy and corny so that people would understand that I was kidding around, and when we came up with the final product, it looked good, so we decided to run with it."

And run with it they did. The video has been written about by local newspapers and Groves himself has been featured on many local radio stations. Talking about his newfound success and whether he anticipated it or not, Groves said, "I certainly didn't expect it to be a big hit, but, I knew within a first couple hours of it going up that it was going be pretty good and a lot to people were sharing the video [on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter], including my friends and local musicians. After, 10,000 hits, the radio stations locally picked it up, and after 20,000, the newspapers picked it up as well."

Groves also discussed his thoughts on the Alexis Wright Zumba sex scandal. "My thoughts are very close [about the scandal] to what was written in the song. All that's being reported is the negativity. Everyone from the town is saying that it really hurt the town and ruined them, but I'm from a town nearby and we don't think of Kennebuckport any differently."

Alexis Wright has pleaded not guilty to 109 counts of prostitution and invasion of privacy. According to court documents, Wright filmed her encounters with her clients without their knowledge or consent. Recently, the courts decided to release the names and addresses on Alexis Wright's client list, which included an ex-high school coach, an ex-mayor, and several prominent members of the local community. Also, videos appeared online of Alexis Wright engaging in several lewd acts, and have been circulating the internet. When asked why Groves used clips of the Alexis Wright NSFW videos, he said, "I used the [clips] because it was footage not yet seen on YouTube. I specifically used clips with no nudity so it wouldn't be flagged on YouTube [and wouldn't be unsuitable for children]."

For Groves, however, he hopes that this viral success can get him some new fans. "I've noticed that my other music videos views have been going up as well. I have a website with merchandise on it and sales have increased as well. Hopefully, with the video, I can only pray that I get some national exposure for me."

Cam Groves is going on a national tour later this year. To watch some of Cam Groves' videos, click here. Watch the video here:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario