miércoles, 2 de octubre de 2013

Sky Ferreira on drugs arrest: 'I know I'm not a drug addict' - NME.com

October 1, 2013 8:45

Sky Ferreira news RSS Feed

Singer opens up about recent incident, which saw her charged with possession of ecstasy and resisting arrest

Photo: Victor Frankowski/NME

Sky Ferreira has discussed her recent arrest on drug charges for the first time.

Ferreira and Zachary Cole Smith of DIIV were arrested in New York on September 13 after being found in possession of heroin and ecstasy. The pair, who are a couple, were driving through the city when police reportedly pulled the car over after seeing the driver commit a number of infractions. Police reports from the arrest reveal that upon pulling the vehicle off the road, they discovered Smith had a "plastic bag containing 42 decks of heroin" on him while Ferreira "was found in possession of ecstasy and resisted arrest".

Speaking about the incident for the first time, Ferreira told Billboard that she is not a drug addict and suggested that the police were intentionally targeting her and Smith. "I kind of got fucked with," she says. "And it's annoying because I wasn't charged with his heroin. It says it. The public records are out there. I wasn't charged with it. Trust me, if I was even anywhere near that, they would've charged me because they had no problem charging me with other shit. They were out to kind of like fuck with us. I'm scared to say more than that because I don't want them to arrest us anymore."

Discussing what the arrest has done for her public image, Ferreira responds: "I know for a fact I'm not a drug addict. That's all I really have to say about it. I know I'm not a drug addict. I'm sorry if it hurt anyone and I'm not trying to promote drugs and it's not like an image thing whatsoever. Do you think I want people thinking I'm a heroin addict? No. Do you think I want people thinking I'm a drug addict? No. But people have always said I'm a drug addict, just based on the fact that I have dark circles around my eyes— which I've had since I was a kid— or because I come across a certain way or dress a certain way. So that's not something that's new."

Elsewhere in the interview, Ferreira attacks people who she feels have "mocked" her and Smith following the arrest as well as people she considered friends of hers, who she feels have used the arrest to get publicity for themselves. The singer ends the interview by saying, "I've learned a lot from the experience and I feel stronger from it."

In addition to the drugs, Smith was charged with violations for having an unregistered motor vehicle, driving without insurance, unlicensed driver, and having an inadequate exhaust system. Smith, the frontman in DIIV, was "charged with two counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance, one count of possession of stolen property and one count of aggravated unlicensed driving, all misdemeanors".

DIIV released their debut album 'Oshin' in 2012 while Ferreira is due to release her new album 'Night Time, My Time' in October.

The world's greatest music magazine is now available as a digital edition! For exclusive content you won't find on NME.COM, visit our digital editions page to download directly to your iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire or Nook.

More News

"+b[0].line1+'
 
'}else{if(b.length>1){c+='

Ads by Google

';for(a=0;a
"+b[a].line1+'
 
'}}}}}}c+='';document.write(c);return}google_ad_client="pub-6852032732218605";google_ad_channel=ipc_afc_channel;google_ad_output="js";google_max_num_ads="2";google_ad_type="text";google_language="en";google_encoding="utf8";google_safe="high";google_hints="";google_ad_section="default";google_feedback="on"; // -->

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario