martes, 19 de febrero de 2013

os-pine-hills-domestic-violence-murder-20121002 - Orlando Sentinel

A woman accused of shooting her boyfriend to death admitted to deputies and 911 dispatchers that she killed her boyfriend because she was jealous, records show.

"I think I killed my boyfriend. Me and him had a fight and I shot him," Janice Smith told a 911 operator Monday night. "He was cheating on me, and me and him got into it. He was cheating on me."

Orange County Sheriff's Office declined to release the 911 calls, stating they were part of the on-going homicide investigation.

When deputies responded to Smith's home in the 2200 block of Eiffel Drive in Pine Hills, they found 61-year-old Jerome Gallon dead in the garage. He'd been shot in the back of the head, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Smith, 49, also told the dispatcher she'd taken the murder weapon, a .22 handgun, to her sister-in-law Elizabeth Kindred's home and asked her to get rid of it.


"A woman said he was flirting on me and I went and got my gun and shot him. I moved the gun. I took it to my sister-in-law's house," Smith said.

Detectives interviewed Smith who confessed to shooting the victim, an arrest affidavit shows.

She claimed Gallon pushed her several times while holding a fork in his hand and was also verbally abusive toward her. During the argument Gallon walked into the garage and Smith went to her bedroom to retrieve the gun.

Smith said she was only trying to scare Gallon and was facing him when the gun fired accidentally. She said the bullet may have hit the garage door, ricocheted and struck Gallon.

Investigators found no evidence of a bullet striking the garage door and say Gallon was shot at close range in the back of the head, reports show.

Smith is being held at the Orange County Jail without bond.

Deputies also arrested 52-year-old Kindred on a charge of accessory after the fact to a capital felony. She is being held on $5,000 bond at the jail.

Gallon's death marks the 42nd homicide investigated by the Sheriff's Office since Jan. 1.

bprieto@tribune.com or 407-420-5620.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario