jueves, 7 de noviembre de 2013

Dolphins' Randy Starks says obscene gesture meant for teammates, not coaches - Sun-Sentinel (blog)

 DAVIE – Dolphins defensive tackle Randy Starks said Tuesday he shouldn't have made an obscene gesture during Sunday's 23-10 victory at Cleveland but he said he was sharing a joke with teammates, not directing it toward coaches.

 "It's something I shouldn't have done," Starks said. "It's something I was joking around with my teammates. Whatever consequences happen, I have to take it."

 Starks didn't answer directly when asked if he's upset about not starting.

 "I'm happy with my role, and my role is to be a backup nose (tackle) and (defensive) tackle, so whatever it calls for the team to win, I'm willing to accept that," he said.

 Starks also said he's not upset about not receiving a multi-year contract.

 "It's no point in being upset about it," he said. "The season started. The contract situation is in my hands now. It's go out there and perform, help the team win, and see what happens afterward."

 Starks didn't specifically say he's spoken with coach Joe Philbin about the matter. But he said he talked with coaches and he hasn't been fined for the episode.

 "I talked to the coaches about it, and it's squashed," he said.

 Starks said he understands how the situation blew up into a small firestorm.

 "It definitely got blown out of proportion," he said, "but the situation I'm in as far as not starting and not being here (for OTAs) I could see how that could be misleading."

 Starks said he became aware pretty quickly after the game he was making national news.

 "I was aware right away and I didn't think it was going to get blown out like that," he said, "but it did. I accept full responsibility for it and whatever consequences I have, I accept it."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario