martes, 19 de marzo de 2013

NDLEA arrest man with cocaine in his inner wear - News24

Lagos - The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), has arrested a 28-year-old Ghanaian auto dealer for allegedly concealing cocaine in his inner wear.  

A statement signed by Mr Ofoyeju Mitchell, the agency's spokesman and made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Lagos said that the suspect was arrested by NDLEA operatives of Seme Border Command.  

"The suspect, names witheld, with Ghana international passport number H2252580, allegedly imported 1.3kg of cocaine from Dubai enroute Benin Republic.   

"He was caught during routine search of passengers at Gbaji security post along Lagos-Seme expressway," the statement said.  

According to the statement, NDLEA Seme Border Commander, Mr Nicholas Ajaduronye who confirmed the arrest, stated that the suspect packed the drugs in his inner wear.  

"Officers at Gbaji security post detected the drug during a search on passengers. A total of 78 wraps of cocaine weighing 1.3kg was found hidden inside his inner wear, which he covered with the clothes he wore.   

"The suspect took a flight from Dubai to Cotonou, because he preferred to enter Nigeria through the land borders," Nicholas stated.  

"The suspect, in his statement, admitted the crime, stating that it was his friend in Brazil that introduced him to the drug business," said the statement.  

"I am a businessman and I deal in auto parts. A friend in Brazil called me that I should go to Dubai to bring cocaine," it quoted the suspect as saying.  

The statement added: "He made my travel arrangement and promised to help me get capital for my business.  

"I took Kenyan airways flight from Dubai to Cotonou and came through Seme border.

"My friend promised to pay me 2 500 dollars, which I intended to invest in my business."  

According to the statement, the suspect, who is married with two children, told narcotic investigators that his father is from Ghana, while his mother is from Anambra, Nigeria.

- NAN

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario