jueves, 30 de mayo de 2013

Two people killed in east Lakeland house fire - Central Florida News 13

Two people have died as a result of an overnight house fire in Lakeland.

A mother, father, grandmother and three kids were in the home in the 1400 block of Tradewinds Avenue in the Crystal Lake area when the fire broke out last night.

Neighbors say they heard a boom and then ran for help.

Mark Mershon smashed in a window to help save people before firefighters arrived. But he could not get to everyone.

"There's a child and a woman in that house. Oh my god," Mershon said while recording video during the rescue. "Got the kids out. Got the mother out. The father was already out. So I was carrying them. I broke the fence back there to get everybody, but I couldn't get everybody."

Officials said a woman and Justin Guglielemino, 8, were left inside the home. Both died.

Neighbors say they believe the fire started on the left side of the house. Fire investigators are still trying to figure out the exact cause.

Authorities said it took about 20 minutes to get the fire under control.

Mershon says he wishes he could have done more.

"I tried but I didn't try hard enough," he said. "I wanted to go one more time but I couldn't go."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario